I am a tenure-track Assistant Professor in The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, where I lead the Robotic Caregiving and Human Interaction (RCHI) Lab. My research explores intelligent physical human-robot interaction, with applications in healthcare robotics.
Previously, I received my PhD in Robotics at Georgia Tech advised by Charlie Kemp.
Note for Fall 2022 applicants: I will likely be looking for 1 to 2 graduate students.
- Co-chair at ICRA 2022 session on Physical HRI
- Area Chair for CoRL 2022
- Associate Editor for RO-MAN 2022
- Invited talk at IROS 2021 workshop on Proximity Perception in Robotics
- Organizing an ICRA 2021 workshop Learning for Caregiving Robots
- Invited talk at ICRA 2021 workshop on Representing and Manipulating Deformable Objects
Calendar: Free/busy Calendar
Please check my calendar to see if I am available prior to suggesting a meeting time.
Office: Newell-Simon Hall 4627
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 USA
Fall 2022: 16-741: Mechanics of Manipulation
Spring 2022: 16-887: Robotic Caregivers and Intelligent Physical Collaboration
Spring 2021: BMED 4833/8813 - Robotic Caregivers
Spring 2020: BMED 4803/8813 - Robotic Caregivers
You can find a recording of my Robotics PhD Defense at Georgia Tech here: https://youtu.be/3DYv8SlaP2w
In 2016, I participated in the 4th Heidelberg Laureate Forum. Here are some photos from the 4th HLF.